Wrong Number



This week I have been reading the book called "Wrong Number" by Chloe Rayban and I am up to chapter 6. So far the book is about is about a girl named Marie and she has been talking to a cab driver without her mum and dad knowing. Marie was invited to her grans 70th birthday. Marie woke up with a very bad feeling because he had fallen out with Michelle again and she wasn't going to be able to call the cab driver (Mark) tonight. The time had came for Marie and her sister Jude to get ready for the birthday party. Marie and Jude had a bit of a fall out about who is going to wear Jude's black skinny jeans. Jude had won and now Marie is stuck with a knee-length shirt that was very baggy on her. On the way to the party Jude was making a big fuss about who would start a party at 6pm. Gran and Grandad's  place was a very far away. then Marie's phone had rang and it was the cab driver. Marie award the phone and said to mark that she couldn't talk. when Marie hang up her mum was wondering who it was. Her mum and dad don't know about Mark the cab driver.

This book was very interesting and I would like to know if her mum and dad get angry that she is talking to someone she has not seen before.

This week I was good at re- reading the text to make sense. I want to work on making a visual image in my head when I am reading.

Comments

  1. This book sounds like it is a good one to be asking lots of questions about Marie's behaviour. Is she being sensible? Is that a good decision? Why? Why not? What other choice could she make? etc It is great to hear you are mastering re-reading to ensure your reading makes sense. When you add visualising you'll have more tools in your 'tool kit' to pull out when you need them. Good reading use all these tools at different times and together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts